Pages

Tuesday 11 November 2008

Salvia

Yesterday was my brother's 18th Birthday. I made him a story and printed it out, illustrated it and turned it into a chapbook of sorts. I am very happy with it, even if my brother doesn't understand it. At least I do.

Here is the front cover:


The story is a strange magical realist look into the folly and egotism of mankind. The front cover depicts two of the characters: Badger (rep from the Animalia kingdom) and Agaric (rep from the Fungi kingdom.)

I'm not sure if I should go to the Noise festival thing in Manchester. It is far away, and when I asked them who would be there representing the written word category the answer was no one at the moment, keep checking for further guest confirmation. They might be able to pay my train fare up there, which is good. Hmm...If there's no industry professional, and I know no one in Manchester to go to if the event turns out to be pointless, then why go?

No comments: