Pages

Tuesday 8 December 2009

Contradict yourself



Don’t take things too seriously.


Learn to laugh at yourself and the world.


My personality is a construction. It does not really exist. I can be someone today and someone else tomorrow. To pigeon-hole myself into one box for the sake of continuity is absurd.


Everybody is split into many fragments. A madman is someone who believes he is one man.


Contradict yourself.


If you or others start to second-guess things about you; if you or others think they have you pegged and that they know you inside-out then you need to disillusion them. You need to do something that will surprise yourself and others.


There are no rules beyond those that you make for yourself. But be wary of others who think otherwise: be prepared to flex and bend things in order to keep yourself and others happy.


Success and happiness are not usually intertwined, unless you view success as being the attainment of happiness.


If I am unhappy now I will be unhappy later. If I am able to be happy now then I can be always happy. It is futile to find ways to be happy in the future.


Find happiness in nothing and I will be happy wherever and whenever I happen to find myself.


There are things that I feel are important, that are fair. Looking after the earth so that others may come after me falls heavily in this statement. So: Nothing at all matters; it is my nature to be contradictory; there are no rules; happiness is a state that you might as well be in because it is preferable to sadness. Knowing all of this, I can loosely point myself in the direction to ensuring that I look after the earth, but to also retain a sense of perspective. I need to allow myself to be all of these things at once.


No comments: